Welcome to my blog, enjoy!

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Social Awareness Poster




So This is my social awareness poster, Support Local Musicians.  To make this i had used a tutorial from this site.  Before this turtorial i had tried many others before it, but none of them really fit the tone of the message i wanted to send out.  I had sketched something as if it we're a poster posted on a concert venue hallway.  I was extremely pleased with the outcome of this poster  My final of following the tutorial is below (left), and i then recreated it from scratch to create my final, above.  To follow the tutorial above, i used the following images (right-planks, and top left- band image).  I took the photo of the wooden planks and lightened them to look more natural and bright.  Then i started to create my poster... There was a lot of shading involved to make the poster look worn and torn, and to my surprise it was not very difficult at all.  I did follow the tutorial, but added my own touches with the text, and i took out some of the shading because i personally didnt like it very much.  The band in the poster is All Time Low.


No comments:

Post a Comment